Sunday, April 20, 2008

Leaderboard clicks climb with strong cruise offer


Planning a vacation for my family this summer. Hawaii, Mexico, some place hot and sunny with lots to do. Have you checked out the prices for airfare lately? Geez, must be the cost of oil. Anyway, airfare for four and seven nights in a place near the beach has my budget in a tailspin.

So then I'm hit between the eyes by this leaderboard from vacationstogo.com on the website for the Santa Rosa Democrat. First I spot the cruise ship, next the bold promise to save 75% on last-minute cruises. I'm thinking I have to click this 728x98 banner and see what it's all about. Sure enough, they've gone overboard with steep discounts on cruises to Alaska, Mexico, Caribbean and Mediterranean Sea. Expect a lot of clicks and conversions for this campaign.

No comments: