Thursday, March 13, 2008

Samuels Furniture banner ad needs stronger call to action


High end furniture shoppers will be quick to spot this handsome 300x250 banner I found today on the Memphis (Tn) Commercial Appeal website. I like the way the full color photo fills the frame and the logo and headline are positioned so as not to subtract from the image. The benefit headline is tempting: Affordable Elegance with Complimentary Design Services." I'm sure many will click and link to the website. When you do you will find a gallery of specials for a variety of items with photos and prices. And of course all the necessary contact info. While I like this ad for its look and feel I'll bet the response will spike with a transition that offers price and phone number. Effective banners should do four things: generate phone calls, walk-ins, visits to the website or branding. A stronger call to action will make the cash register ring for Samuels Furniture.

No comments: